Serving Glendale Heights, Addison, Itasca, Carol Stream & The Western Suburbs of Chicago
A podiatrist also called a Foot Doctor or doctor of podiatric medicine is a specialist who provides medical diagnosis and treatment of foot and ankle problems, such as bunions, heel pain, spurs, hammertoes, neuromas, ingrown toenails, warts, corns, and calluses. A foot doctor also renders care of sprains, fractures, infections, and injuries of the foot, ankle, and heel. In addition to undergraduate medical school training, podiatrists also attend graduate school for a doctorate degree in podiatry. Podiatrists are required to take state and national exams, as well as be licensed by the state in which they practice.
Why a Foot Doctor?
According to the American Podiatric Medical Association, there are an estimated 18,000+ practicing foot doctors in the U.S. Podiatrists are in demand more than ever today because of a rapidly aging population. In addition, according to the association, foot disorders are among the most widespread and neglected health problems affecting people in this country.
Typically, Podiatrists or Foot Doctors
- Consult with patients and other physicians on how to prevent foot problems.
- Diagnose and treat tumors, ulcers, fractures, skin and nail diseases, and deformities.
- Perform surgeries to correct or remedy such problems as bunions, claw toes, fractures, hammertoes, infections, ruptured Achilles, and other ligaments and tendons.
- Prescribe therapies and perform diagnostic procedures such as ultrasound and lab tests.
- Prescribe or fit patients with inserts called orthotics that correct walking patterns.
- Treat conditions such as bone disorders, bunions, corns, calluses, cysts, heel spurs, infections, ingrown nails, and plantar fasciitis.
Your Best Foot & Ankle Health – Suburban Podiatry Associates
At Suburban Podiatry Associates, we are dedicated to the treatment of all foot & ankle ailments and injuries in a comfortable, convenient office setting in Bloomingdale, IL. We also take the time to ensure that every patient is well-educated about their condition and treatment options in order to achieve optimal recovery and good foot health. As a trusted foot doctor, we specialize in pain relief and restoration of function in the foot or ankle. We treat most common foot disorders including:
- Fungal toenails
- Heel pain
- Flat feet
- Diabetic foot care
- Corns & calluses
- Foot Injury
Take your first step towards foot pain relief by contacting Suburban Podiatry Associates today by calling (630) 893-3668 or filling out our form to schedule an appointment.